Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Changing or changed?

I hardly blog nowadays on the pretense I'm too busy with work that I have more things worth spending my time on. While chatting can be just a way to pass time I think it's more so important to do so now that everyone's so geographically diverse.

People say internet opens all possibilities to communications, but it also to some point destroys the essence of it. We can see someone online on our contacts list, and that could just be a dear friend whom you've not spoken to for some time, but you take for granted cause you assume he/she'll be online the next time too. Time goes by the procrastination becomes a habit and no one really talks anymore.

Now when I go online and I stare at a long list of contacts. All of a sudden I realise everyone feels distant. I believe when we get too one track minded on the present things will come to pass and be only seasonal, where nothing is everlasting.

Something I received in my mailbox which really made me ponder for a moment:

The Charlie Schulz Philosophy

The following is the philosophy of Charles Schulz, the creator of the 'Peanuts' comic strip.


You don't have to actually answer the questions. Just ponder on them.
Just read the e-mail straight through, and you'll get the point.

1. Name the five wealthiest people in the world.
2. Name the last five Heisman trophy winners.
3. Name the last five winners of the Miss America pageant.
4 Name ten people who have won the Nobel or Pulitzer Prize.
5. Name the last half dozen Academy Award winners for best actor and actress.
6. Name the last decade's worth of World Series winners.


How did you do?
The point is, none of us remember the headliners of yesterday.
These are no second-rate achievers.
They are the best in their fields.
But the applause dies..
Awards tarnish..
Achievements are forgotten.
Accolades and certificates are buried with their owners.


Here's another quiz. See how you do on this one:


1. List a few teachers who aided your journey through school.
2. Name three friends who have helped you through a difficult time.
3. Name five people who have taught you something worthwhile.
4. Think of a few people who have made you feel appreciated and special!!
5. Think of five people you enjoy spending time with.

Easier?

The lesson:
The people who make a difference in your life are not the ones with the most credentials...
the most money...or the most awards.
They simply are the ones who care the most


"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same" - Keane
Or it could just be me changing?

3 comments:

aiting said...

*LIKE*

TzeYang said...

I personally think in transition times like this it's imperative we set our priorities right. We don't want to look back in retrospect and regret some bad decisions made.

Jim said...

lol oi, blue teaching you all these things ah in school? lol.

Post a Comment